Course Description

This course will provide students with experience in creating
images and designs using computer graphics, design and drawing
programs. Topics will include graphic design, illustration, image
manipulation, image processing, and 3D graphics. Students will
combine these elements in a variety of projects to create original
designs.

Thursday, March 10, 2011


I chose this photo to blog about because it looks vibrant and it kind of looks 
like something a cartoon designer would draw or create. Some areas of the
 image look like they were hand drawn while others look like horrible graphics
 in a video game. This tutorial gave me unique results. In the original photo it
 looks nothing like graphics in a video game or it was hand drawn. 
I liked this tutorial because I like the look of hand drawn images and video game g
raphics because I am a gamer myself (this past weekend Google honored Will Eisner,
 a famed comic book artist, by giving him a logo on the Google website.)
 
 
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/comic-riffs/2011/03/will_eisners_
google_logo_doodl.html
 
In order for me to get the outcome I got I had to do the following steps to my photo. The first step is to make a new adjustment layer called levels then you set you black, gray, and white eye dropper to the setting to I wanted it at. The second step was to find shadows by selecting the darkest part of the image using the black eye drop tool. Then you can adjust the color levels of the shadows using the slider. You do the same thing for the lighter parts of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment