Course Description

This course will provide students with experience in creating
images and designs using computer graphics, design and drawing
programs. Topics will include graphic design, illustration, image
manipulation, image processing, and 3D graphics. Students will
combine these elements in a variety of projects to create original
designs.

Monday, February 21, 2011

vintage collage design


First I found a background I wanted to use for my picture. I opened the image in Photoshop and copied it to my design document. I resized it and changed the opacity to 60%, to make sure that my background is white. I chose the Rounded Rectangle Tool (U) and created a rounded rectangle with a black color. I created a Layer Mask. After that, I selected the Brush Tool. I set the color to black and used some brushes to erase parts of the black rectangle. I used brushes from the "Grunge Brushes by Ardcor”. Next I selected a picture of the moon, then cut and pasted it in my design. Next I found my dark princess and did the same to her as I did the moon. I cut and pasted her in to my design. Then I took a picture of dark water and cut and pasted that in. Next, I moved the layers around so that the dark princess was in front of the water so it looks as if she was sitting on the water.
I like this picture because it looks as if the girl is sitting on the black water on a moonlit night. It has a Halloween feeling to it. It was a spooky sight. This would be good for like a Halloween invite or poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment