Course Description

This course will provide students with experience in creating
images and designs using computer graphics, design and drawing
programs. Topics will include graphic design, illustration, image
manipulation, image processing, and 3D graphics. Students will
combine these elements in a variety of projects to create original
designs.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I used the picture of Gina’s husband scuba diving and added clouds because I thought it would look cool with clouds in the water. This is how I did it- (Layer>Duplicate Layer)- (Filter>Render>Clouds)- Change the Blending Mode for the cloud layer to Screen. Then I Add a Reveal All Layer Mask to the cloud layer, (Layer>Add Layer Mask>Reveal All)- Then pick a good sized paint brush and simply paint black anywhere on the Mask where you don’t want clouds. (Which is the majority of the photo). Then you should have a nice picture.



1 comment:

  1. Chris, I had not initially noticed the addition of the clouds until I read your description, to me it felt like there were simply numerous bubbles in the water around the swimmer. Now that I take an informed look, I find it very clever that you use the Juxtaposition of air elements and water elements within this piece to create a very compelling feeling of swimming through the sky.

    ReplyDelete